Sep 7, 2009

Good Morning, Merry Sunshine!

Hi there! That's my morning greeting to friends, and frankly, just the saying of it at least puts me in a good mood! So that's why the blog title...in case anyone ever gets the urge to go back to this first post.

This post is written in Miraflores, Lima, Peru by an expat American who's lived here, or at least existed here (!), for 20 long years as a freelance journalist. That's good enough for now.

So why the blog? Well, beyond a couple of projects, my interests seem to roam at time far & wide, at other times very narrowly focused. I wind up plaguing my friends with emails generated usually from various web sources always hoping they are helpful, informative, but I think to corral them mostly all here is a much better idea, and less a burden on friends. I do have a blog oriented solely toward one project which you can note in the side column.

Obviously more personal notes, admonitions, observations I'll keep to emails personally directed (to the great relief of some friends.) Sometimes the posts will be of interest to any old friends, sometimes just to my Peruvian friends and colleagues. I'll be toying with the idea of putting up a parallel Spanish-language blog, but that will be a little further down the line when I've more time. So that's the intro. Anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment